In order to be happy in your freedom business, you have to be happy with what you are creating. It might be financially rewarding to sell something you hate, but in the long run, the business is unsustainable. Because if you wanted to do something you hated, getting a job is much easier than expending the energy, time and investment needed to build a profitable business.
People who are successful find that success because they love what they have created and are selling in their business. And in identifying their what, they’ve made sure that they’re working with clients and customers that they love. So they make beautiful products, or they provide amazing services. And they work with the people who want exactly what they are offering. No need for tons of hard sales, or landing pages.
Just communicating what they do to people who want what they have.
So, if you’re not perfectly happy with your business (or life) right now, perhaps it’s time to find your What?
How to find your What:
This is going to take a little bit of thinking about. But it’ll be worth it! Get a pen and some paper and find somewhere quiet to sit for a while.
- Make a list of all the things you’ve ever done for someone as part of your business (or if you’ve been doing this forever – the different TYPES of things).
- Then put the amount that you were paid for them next to the thing. If you gave it away free, then put a zero next to it.
- Then put a heart next to the things you loved working on.
- Out of that list identify the things that you enjoyed creating more / did not enjoy as much. Rate them 1-10, with 10 being the stuff you loved doing and would do all day, every day for free, and 1 being the stuff that you’ll never do again, not even if someone offered you a billion <insert your preferred currency here>.
- Now, put a value on those things (from 1-10, with 1 being the least valuable to your ideal client/customer to 10 – being the most valuable). If you can actually put how much profit each one of the things brings you, then that’s even better.
- Out of those things, do you have a favourite?
- Will making/doing and selling what you’d like to make or do give you the income you want?
Found something that you love to do, that your customers will find valuable and pay you to do, and that you can make/do enough of to generate the income you want?